Skip to main content

English for Multilingual Speakers

If English is not your first language, whether you are an international student or a U.S. resident, you may be eligible to complete the writing requirement by taking Writing 003 and Writing 005, specialized courses that are equivalent to Writing 001 and Writing 002, respectively. You can review the course offerings from the International Center for Academic and Professional English (ICAPE) here

In order to determine your appropriate placement, ICAPE administers a placement test during new student orientation at the beginning of fall and spring semesters. You may contact the ICAPE Director, Dr. Mark Ouellette, at for questions about placement and course offerings.